Thursday, September 19, 2013

Where There's a Will, There's a Way

I don't know of any other actor working today who has as good a ratio of awesome to un-awesome projects on their resume as Will Smith. From his days on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air to blockbusters like Independence Day, Men in Black, Enemy of the State, I Am Legend and too many others to name, Smith has proven to be a safe bet for any movie producer when they want talent, humor, poise and did I mention talent? Let's look at what Will has planned for the next few years shall we? 



Coming up in February, he stars in a film called Winter's Tale. I couldn't find out much about it other than the IMDB.com page description which says, "A fantasy story set in 19th
Century and present-day Manhattan and revolves around a thief, a dying girl, and a flying white horse." I'm excited about the film, though, because of the cast that is involved. White Collar's Matt Bomer is the lead along with Jennifer Connelly, Colin Farrell and Russel Crowe. 

This fall, Smith is shooting a movie called Focus which is about a military veteran who falls in love with a younger woman and according to the description, things get "complicated." Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck were all offered the role that Will Smith is taking on, but they all declined for various reasons. I don't know much else about this film, nor about his next project, The American Can. It is based on true event surrounding hurricane Katrina. It follows a combat marine who attempts to save 244 people trapped in an apartment building. 

Lastly, even more exciting than those projects, is the cash piñata that he is about to bust open. A piñata called "sequels." That's right, Will Smith will be reprising 3 roles in the next couple of years: Del Spooner in an I, Robot sequel, John Hancock in a Hancock sequel and Detective Mike Lowrey in a Bad Boys sequel. Needless to say, Smith fans everywhere have reason to rejoice.

Here's what Smith told David Letterman a couple months ago:

0 comments:

Post a Comment